Geographic location no longer matters, finding the 'right fit' state tax consultant does.
LEVERAGE SALT, LLC (LS) is a multistate tax consulting firm focused on making business decisions less taxing; helping accounting firm partners keep clients and get more; and helping tax departments be the hero.
Clients use LEVERAGE SALT, LLC to:
- Gain access to a partner-level resource without incurring 'partner-level' fees
- Obtain the cost savings from a firm with low overhead
- Have a consultant whose objectives are in alignment with theirs
- Have a consultant without audit independence issues
- Have a consultant that is friendly and personable
- Have access to a network of state tax professionals not tied to any one firm
There are several ways we can work together. Listed below, they are arranged in order, from those that require the least investment to those that require the most.
1. Search the LS Site.
Brian has written more than 1,000+ blog posts on this site and at www.leveragestateandlocaltax.com. Chances are, he may have touched on your topic or issue at some point. Disclaimer, please use this site as a "high-level" guide or introduction to some of the issues your business or clients are facing. An experienced state tax professional should be consulted to obtain a conclusion regarding your specific situation and state(s) involved. Your answer will depend on the state and the facts.
2. Subscribe to Blog updates.
LS currently publishes blog posts several times month. Brian writes unique insights and commentary on multistate taxation and the state tax profession. By subscribing, you’ll get his latest thinking delivered straight to your inbox.
3. Utilize the LS Help-Desk / 2nd Opinion.
This is for those times when you don’t have a big state tax research project. Sometimes you just have a state tax question that you would love to bounce off a state tax professional without having to go through the time consuming engagement letter process, especially if you need an answer quickly (flat-fee per question or monthly flat-fee for unlimited questions).
4. Hire LS for your project.
If you have a specific project, let’s discuss your facts and determine the proper course of action. We will have a formal engagement letter that lines out the parameters of our agreement along with the fee and payment arrangements.
5. Hire LS on retainer.
If you are not sure how often you will need help, but want to have LS on-call, you can hire LS on retainer by paying a monthly fixed-fee. Retainer agreements must be a minimum of three months.
- Nexus Reviews / Voluntary Disclosure Agreement / Amnesty Negotiation
- Sales Tax Decision Matrix Development and Maintenance
- Sales Tax Exemption Review
- Sales Tax Base Review
- Income Tax Filing Method Determination (Separate, Combined, Consolidated, Unitary)
- Income Tax Sourcing/Apportionment Review
- Income Tax Base Review
- Pass-Through Entity Non-resident Withholding / Composite Filing Review
- Due Diligence / Buyer / Seller
- Restructuring / Modeling / What-if Scenarios
- Net Operating Loss Management / Preservation / Utilization / IRC Sec. 382 Studies
- Audit Defense / Appeals Representation
- Reverse Audits
- ASC 740 / ASC 450 (uncertain state tax positions analysis and review) documentation
- RAR Compliance
- Co-Sourcing / Outsourcing