The Greatest SALT Consultant (GSC) does not use timesheets to manage staff. The GSC measures staff by results (and intangibles), not effort.
Timesheets are a “crutch,” or replacement for poor project management and poor people management. There are other, more useful tools to manage projects and people (their called managers). Other tools could be a “SCORECARD” and “Project Management Report.”
- Pull your weight (complexity of work / volume of work / meeting deadlines for assigned work)
- Willingness to help others near deadlines (shifting of work / unassigned work)
- Identify tax process improvement ideas
- Identify tax savings ideas
- Work product requires less review time
- Positive attitude
What do you think?
If you are a client, are you paying for effort or results?
If you are a tax professional, are you measuring and managing effort or results?
This is Part 3 of a Part 7 series. (Go here to read Part 1 and Part 2.)